FOOTBALL FIELD OF KARAKERT RENOVATED WITH THE SUPPORT OF ORANGE FOUNDATION AND THE CHILDREN OF ARMENIA FUND
- In Karakert rural community of Armavir region was opened the local football field renovated with the support of Orange Foundation and the Children of Armenia Fund. To mark the opening of the football field, the inter-community junior football tournament participated by the teams from 8 rural communities of Aragatsotn and Armavir regions was lunched on July 4th. Solemn opening of the tournament was followed by the first football match with participation of the teams of Karakert and Myasnikyan communities. The tournament will last till 17 July. On this day the final match of the football tournament will take place and the winning team will be awarded the prize during the solemn closing event of the tournament. The idea of renovation of the football field was advanced by the Children of Armenia Fund, which for years has been implementing education, health social and economic development programs in aforementioned regions. Thanks to Orange Foundation this program was brought to life with 4,164,600 AMD donated by the Foundation. Besides the renovation of the football field, more than 200 children from 8 rural communities were provided the possibility to get prepared for the tournament led by professional coaches. The fact of having a renovated football field and holding of the junior football tournament is especially accentuated in the context of EURO 2012 with Orange as its official partner. The inter-community tournament immediately follows EURO 2012 and the enthusiasm about this great sport event will foster healthy competition among school teams.Orange Foundation supports implementation of such undertakings in rural communities of Armenia, which foster liveliness of rural life and stable rural development. During the opening of the tournament Nazareth Seferian, General Secretary of Orange Foundation, took the floor with a welcoming speech: "Rural development and well-being of children lay at the heart of Orange Foundation's philanthropic activity. With great joy we are here to participate in the opening event of the renovated football field of Karakert, marked by this tournament. From today this field will host the residents of at least 8 communities of this region. With this undertaking we want to create the same conditions for local children as for their peers living in cities".In his speech Serob Khachatryan, Director of the Children of Armenia Fund, underlined the fact that among many programs implemented by the Fund they especially prioritize implementation of inter-community undertakings and organization of children's summer vacation. Expressing his gratitude to Orange Foundation, Mr. Khachatryan said: "The renovated football field in future as well will serve the children and community, will foster liveliness of rural life. Inter-community games and tournaments will be organized on a regular basis."
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1881 Dr. Levon Tigranyan starts publishing the "Health" monthly.
- 1902 Death of Arsen Aytnyan (armenologist). He was born in 1825.
- 1914 Death of sculptor Yervand Voskanian.
- 1936 Murder by the Soviet Police of Aghassi Khandjyan (First Secretary of the Central Committee of Armenia's Communist Party) in Tbilisi.
- 1937 Death of actor Hovhannes Zarifian.