- 1French President Nikola Sarkozy stated that if the Constitutional Council of France rules the recently adopted law on the Armenian genocide is anti- Constitutional, the same fate will be expected for ...
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1786 Birth in Moscow of Hovhannes Nazaryan, a public and cultural figure of the 19th century. He was a member of the court of the Russian Empire, and a State Adviser. (Died 1858, in St Petersburg).
- 1920 Opening of Armenia's State University in Alexandropol (since there was no convenient building in Yerevan). The first rector was Yuri Ghambaryan, Professor of Jurisprudence, who was also known in Europe.
- 1921 At a conference in London, England and France proposed the creation of Armenian National centers. The idea remained on a paper.
- 1927 Birth of Lusine Amara (Armaghanyan). She is an American-Armenian opera singer and a laureate of international competitions.