ARMENIAN FOREIGN MINISTER MET U.S. DEPUTY ASSISTANT SECRETARY
- On January 27 the foreign minister Eduard Nalbandyan met with the Deputy Assistant Secretary in the Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs Erik Rubin.The Armenian foreign minister commended the deepening of the U.S.-Armenian partnership, noting that progress of bilateral relations enabled further strengthening and promotion of cooperation. For his part, Erik Rubin noted that the United States appreciates partnership with Armenia and is interested in it further deepening and intends to take practical steps in that direction. The U.S. official noted that the United States will continue partnership with Armenia for regional stability, economic growth and reforms. Eduard Nalbandyan and Erik Rubin discussed issues related to bilateral cooperation and regional issues.The interlocutors discussed the recent developments related to the Karabakh settlement, the MFA reported.
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1824 Death of Father Haroutyoon Shmavonian, the editor of "Azdarar". He was born in 1750.
- 1897 First census of the Russian Empire. The results were published in 1905.
- 1919 Death of Aram Manookian, founder of the First Armenian Republic of 1918-1920. He was born in 1829.
- 1992 The Armenian President creates the Ministry of Defence of Armenia.