ARMENIAN GOVERNMENT SHOULD AT LEAST ISSUE A NOTE
The recent publications in the Russian media are a shame, and it is painful that the government of the country is given such an evaluation, stated Artashes Geghamyan, the leader of the National Solidarity Party on December 8 at the National Assembly. In particular, he referred to the article published in the Politicheski Class about the political situation in Armenia, which presents the leaders of Armenia as real criminals.
“Similar analyses are found in the foreign media, which are a disgrace for the nation, independent from my attitude towards Mr. Kocharyan and Mr. Sargsyan, as an Armenian I get insulted when the Armenian government is referred to as pirates, and the leadership do not respond, either there is evidence, or they are so frightened and terrified that they are afraid of reporting these issues to the relevant agencies,” says the leader of the National Solidarity Party.
Artashes Geghamyan thinks that the Armenian government should at least issue a note in connection with these publications in the foreign media and describe these as libel. Geghamyan says Armenia should have raised this issue during the CIS summit because the media of the country which is considered as a strategic partner accuses the leadership of the other strategic partner of crimes. “Today in considering the Karabakh issue, the liberation struggle of the people they mention Khojalu and Hague, as well as the fate of Slobodan Milozsevic. This is extremely dangerous, and it is not attended to. A tendency should be discerned behind this, a warning should be discerned behind this tendency,” Artashes Geghamyan states.
- 1Armenian-American ophthalmologist Dr. Roger Ohanesian and his Armenian colleagues – Chief Ophthalmologist of Armenia Dr. Alexander Malayan, the doctors working with the Armenian EyeCare Project (AECP) ...
- 1819 Birth of Nahapet Rusinyan (physician and public figure) in Evckere, Caesaria (Western Armenia). He died in 1876 in Constantinople.
- 1874 The Hripsimyan Girl's School opens in Baku.
- 1915 Death of Neekol Dooma, freedom-fighter, Armenian resistance leader, and member of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation.
- 1947 Death of Leepareet Nazaryants, publicist, writer and prominent activist in the Armenian Revolutionary Federation.