KARABAKH IS PREPARING FOR REFERENDUM
Sergey Nasibyan, chair of the NKR Central Electoral Commission said 36 million drams was allocated for holding the referendum. The voters registers are ready, and the amended draft of the Constitution will be printed and distributed to the divisional and district commissions.
We have learned that the text of the Constitution is not ready, whereas the referendum has already been appointed on December 10. The local experts cannot understand the reason for this hastiness. We have delayed the adoption of the Constitution for 15 years and suddenly we decided to adopt it as soon as possible. The problem is that most people have not read the text and apparently will not manage. Only a month is left.
- 4The removal of the image of Ararat from the logo of the football federation of Armenia and the uniform of the national football team is in the focus of the society. Although there were no demonstrations ...
- 1835 Birth of the novelist Raffi (Hakop Melik-Hakopyan), in Paianjue (Salmast, Iran). He died in 1888 in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1835 Birth of Armenag Haikuni - Hambardzoom Djezmejyan - (writer, translator) in Constantinople. He died in 1866.
- 1835 Birth of the armenologist Karapet Ezyan (Ezov) in Moscow. He died in 1905 in St. Petersburg.
- 1877 The Tsar confirms the additional statutes on the serfs of Yerevan and Akhltskha Provinces.
- 1923 Birth of Sargis Baghdasarian, sculptor, artist and teacher. His "We are our mountains" - "Gharabaghthsiner" sculpture (1967) became a symbol of the national movement of Artsakh. He died in 2001.
- 1969 Death of academician Meliksetbek (armenologist) in Tbilissi (Georgia).