DOMINANCE GOES FROM ONE IMPORTER TO ANOTHER
New dominant companies have emerged on the market of imports of sugar and petrol, ran the message of the Commission of Protection of Economic Competition on November 7. The commission decided in the meeting on November 8 to register the new dominant companies in the special book of the companies with a dominating position.
Salex Group is presently dominating the imports of sugar, and in the first half of 2006 Salex Group imported 91.4 percent of sugar. Flitfood imported 7 percent of sugar in the first half of 2006. The Commission of Protection of Economic Competition decided to register Salex Group in the book of the dominating companies and withdraw Flitfood from the book because it is not dominating the market any more.
Flitfood, which formerly dominated the market of import of sugar, is owned by Member of Parliament Samvel Alexanyan. This does not mean, however, that the person of the importer changed, for it became known from reliable sources that Salex Group is also owned by Samvel Alexanyan, and the word Salex is deciphered Samvel Alexanyan. Legally, Alexanyan is not related to either Flitfood or Salex Group.
- 4The removal of the image of Ararat from the logo of the football federation of Armenia and the uniform of the national football team is in the focus of the society. Although there were no demonstrations ...
- 1835 Birth of the novelist Raffi (Hakop Melik-Hakopyan), in Paianjue (Salmast, Iran). He died in 1888 in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1835 Birth of Armenag Haikuni - Hambardzoom Djezmejyan - (writer, translator) in Constantinople. He died in 1866.
- 1835 Birth of the armenologist Karapet Ezyan (Ezov) in Moscow. He died in 1905 in St. Petersburg.
- 1877 The Tsar confirms the additional statutes on the serfs of Yerevan and Akhltskha Provinces.
- 1923 Birth of Sargis Baghdasarian, sculptor, artist and teacher. His "We are our mountains" - "Gharabaghthsiner" sculpture (1967) became a symbol of the national movement of Artsakh. He died in 2001.
- 1969 Death of academician Meliksetbek (armenologist) in Tbilissi (Georgia).