- 2In a news conference on August 1 the deputy leader of the Republican Party said that Levon Ter-Petrosyan has already left politics but owes morally to those persons who are arrested, therefore he continues ...
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1672 Birth of Tsar (since 1682) Peter the Great. He died in 1725.
- 1903 Catholicos Mkrtitsh Khrimian "Hairik" ordered the Synod not to publish the law on the confiscation of church properties by the state (Russian Empire) of 1903 06 12.
- 1918 Sebastatsi Moorad was killed in the battles of Baku.
- 1922 Hakob Melkumov, commander of Turkmenistan's First Hussar Cavalry, killed Enver at Tshaghan Ghtshlagh. He was one of the leaders of the Young Turk government who had organized the Armenian Genocide. Enver had gone to Turkmenistan after WW 1 to participate in the Bazmachi revolt -- as part of his Pan-Turanian dream.
- 1950 Death of writer Anayiss (Yevpimeh Avetissian). She was born in 1872.