HAKOB HAKOBYAN BROKE THE RULES
On October 11 Member of Parliament Shavarsh Kocharyan stated with regard to the incident involving his colleague Hakob Hakobyan that Hakob Hakobyan broke the rules of the game and he has to account for it. “If he had problems, he could send someone secretly, they could beat him in his house, and that’s all.” As to how Hakob Hakobyan will account for it, “Either they will squeeze big sums from Hakob Hakobyan or everything will get worse, it already depends on their internal problems.” Shavarsh Kocharyan thinks when the race for power is inside the government rather than in the government-opposition sphere, naturally such incidents, the use of violence by the government against peaceful ralliers, beatings, it is not strange, says Shavarsh Kocharyan. “When we have a general evil, when you pursue this person or another, it is the same as you back their internal problems. Our political party thinks the problem is in another sphere. Whatever is there in the country, also connected with the criminal, this is the consequence of such a structure of the government. The criminal is the style of action rather than persons. And this style is typical of the government,” states Shavarsh Kocharyan.
- 5The rally of the Popular Movement on August 1 ended in an impressive march at the center of Yerevan. The participants of the march led by Levon Ter-Petrosyan walked along Mashtots Avenue, Amiryan Street, ...
- 1809 Death of Hovsep Emin (public figure in the Armenian political emancipation movement) in Calcutta (India). He was born in 1726 in Hamadan (Iran).
- 1862 Start of the Zeitoon rebellion against Turkish exactions.
- 1873 Death of Mser Mseryants (public figure and philologist) in Moscow. He was born in 1808 in Smyrna.
- 1914 Treaty of Alliance Between Germany and Turkey.