THE ARMENIA AND ARTSAKH BOOTH SUFFERED DAMAGE
- During the period of September 17th and the night of September 18th, the Armenia and Artsakh booth at the Top Resa 2012 International Travel Market suffered damage which was especially targeted at NKR posters.
Upon learning of the occurrence, the representatives of the Armenian Embassy in France along with the NCFA delegation brought it to the attention of the governing authorities of the exhibition and the incident was recorded.
The organizers of the exhibition reported that they had received complaints from Azerbaijani embassy in France regarding the participation of Artsakh at Top Resa.
As per the request of the Armenian representatives, a heightened security detail was enforced at the Armenia and Artsakh booth.
The booth is entirely restored to its previous condition and all the information on Artsakh is now widely accessible.
At this moment, the exhibition is going forward according to the initial organizational intent, and the Armenian booth is receiving high-level attention from attendees and participants.
Public Relations Office
National Competitiveness Foundation of Armenia
- 1854 The allies move towards Sebastopol during the Crimean War.
- 1883 Birth of Rromanoss Melikyan (composer). He died in 1935.
- 1886 Birth of writer Aharon Tsatooryan. He died in 1965.
- 1912 Invited representatives from various Armenian social group, meeting in Tbilissi, request that the Russian government again raise the issue of the Armenian Question.
- 1918 At the Battle of Arara (Palestine), Armenian soldiers from the Eastern Legion fighting for the Allies, defeat the Turkish forces.
- 1918 The Armenian Legion, fighting on the side of the Allies, routs the Turkish forces at the battle of Arara.
- 1956 Inauguration of the Byurakan observatory.