Published on July 20, 2012
MINSK GROUP SAYS ARTSAKH ELECTION NOT RECOGNIZED INTERNATIONALLY
- Regarding yesterday's presidential election in Artsakh, the Minsk Group Co-Chairs, while acknowledging the need for the de facto authorities in NK to try to organize democratically the public life of their population with such a procedure, noted that Artsakh is not internationally recognized as a sovereign state. In a statement, the Co-Chairs stressed that the procedures of the July 19 election in no way prejudges the final legal status of Nagorno-Karabakh or the outcome of the ongoing negotiations to bring a lasting and peaceful settlement to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Headlines for July 20, 2012 ©
- Papik Aroushanyan has served as the mayor of Metz Ayroum, a village mostly populated by Armenian refugees from Azerbaijan, for the past 15 years.
From our brief encounter, I got the clear impression that ...
- According to preliminary results, incumbent Artsakh President Bako Sahakyan won reelection in yesterday's vote with 66.7% of the 72,833 ballots cast.
In second place with 22,966 votes (32.5%) was Vitaly ...
- Regarding yesterday's presidential election in Artsakh, the Minsk Group Co-Chairs, while acknowledging the need for the de facto authorities in NK to try to organize democratically the public life of ...
- Manvel Grigoryan, the sacked Deputy Defense Minister who was also dismissed from the Armenian military with the rank of general, won a seat in the Armenian parliament in the May elections.
Ejmiatzin and ...
- Following is a July 19 statement on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia
The Georgian Foreign Ministry wishes to reaffirm the Georgian government's unequivocal support for Azerbaijan's sovereignty ...
- A Yerevan court today threw out the slander suit brought by the Vanadzor Office of the Helsinki Citizens' Assembly (HCAV) against Vladimir Gasparyan.
The NGO had sued Gasparyan for remarks he made during ...
- We, "EcoLur" and 'Territorial Development and Studies Center' NGOs think that allegation in misinformation made by State Committee on Water Industry addressed to Gegharkounik-based 'Territorial Development ...
On 19 July 2012, a presidential election took place Nagorno-Karabakh (NK). While the NK Republic is internationally not recognised, European Friends of Armenia (www.EuFoA.org) strongly welcomes ...
- Several unnamed companies in Armenia state that they have banded together to create a job hotline for Syrian-Armenians who wish to relocate to Armenia.
The clearinghouse says it will take care of the ...
- A Yerevan court has accepted to hear the slander suit of Anoushavan Nikoghosyan, who ran for parliament in the May election, against the news site slaq.am.
Nikoghosyan claims that slaq.am maligned his ...
Similar headlines for (last 7 days) new!
Most read news (last 7 days) ©
Today in Armenian history
- 1797 Catholicos Ghookas Karnesi writes a letter to Tsar Paul the First, asking for help.
- 1885 Mkrtich Portoogalyan publishes the "Armenie" newspaper in Marseilles (France). It lasts till 1923.
- 1885 M. Portoogalian publishes the "Armenia" weekly in Marseilles (France).
- 1891 Death of writer Garegin Beshgyeotyoorian ("Sring").
- 1914 Secret military treaty is signed between Germany and Turkey in Constantinople.
- 1928 Birth of Minas Avetissyan (artist). He was murdered by the Soviet Police in 1975.
- 1955 Death of Galoost Qelpenjian.
- 1965 Death of Armen Armenian. He was born in 1871.
Forum most active discussions