CHARITY BASKETBALL MATCH TO HELP 3 YEAR-OLD DENIS GET MEDICAL HELP
- The Help Armenian Children NGO, with the assistance of Armenia's Basketball Federation, has organized a charity match on Thursday, June 12, between the Hatis team and one from Yerevan State University.
A fundraiser will take place during the game to benefit 3 year-old Denis Asryan, a child who suffers from Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, an autoimmune disorder where the body's own immune system starts to attack and destroy cells and tissues (particularly in the joints) for no apparent reason.
The boy needs to undergo surgery in Israel since such medical procedures are not available in Armenia.
- 1402 Tamerlane defeats Sultan Bayazet and makes him a slave.
- 1841 The Armenian quarter of Smyrna is set on fire by Turks.
- 1855 Stepan Voskanian publishes the semi-annual "East" review in Paris (it folds in 1856).
- 1921 The Bolsheviks occupy Mountainous Armenia, the last fort of Armenian resistance.
- 1936 Opening of Yerevan's carbide factory.
- 1957 Creation of the Chemical Research Institute (National Economic Council of the Armenian SSR).