ARMENIAN BAR LEADER GARO GHAZARIAN ELECTED VICE-CHAIR OF GLENDALE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
- Garo Ghazarian, Esq. is the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Armenian Bar Association, which boasts members throughout the United States, Canada, Armenia, Europe, South America, Asia and beyond.
Just seven months after being unanimously appointed by the City Council of Glendale to the City's Civil Service Commission, Commissioner Ghazarian was nominated to the position of Vice-Chair of the Commission by Commissioner John Gantus, a two-time former Chair and a 12-year member of the Commission. On June 27, 2012, Mr. Ghazarian was unanimously elected by his fellow Commissioners and assumed his post as Vice-Chair of the Commission. Also on June 27th, Art Devine, the incumbent Chair of the Commission was nominated by Commissioner Ghazarian to serve another term as Chair. Chair Devine was also confirmed by a unanimous vote of the Commissioners.
In addition to his nationwide criminal defense law practice, Mr. Ghazarian is also the Dean and a professor of law at Peoples College of Law in Los Angeles. Mr. Ghazarian has lectured extensively to law enforcement agencies and is a former guest instructor at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia. He is a board member of the Mexican American Bar Association - Political Action Committee, and serves on its Judicial Evaluations Committee. He also is a board member of The Armenian Center for National and International Studies, a research and educational institute which promotes the rule of law and civil and human rights in the Republic of Armenia.
- 1852 Birth of Minas Sheraz in Constantinople, teacher, speaker, and public figure. He died in 1929.
- 1913 Start of the conference of the ambassadors in Constantinople. They discuss Armenian reforms.
- 1913 The "Armenian Commission on Reforms" starts its work in the Enikyoy suburb of Constantinople.
- 1955 Inauguration of the memorial over the tomb of Hunan Avetisian (Hero of the Soviet Union).
- 1957 Creation of the Research Institute of Mining and Metallurgy.