CANDLELIGHT MEMORIAL THIS EVENING TO HONOR HARSNAKAR BEATING VICTIM WHO DIED
- There will be a candlelight memorial this evening at 7pm in honor of Major Vahe Avetyan, the army physician who died yesterday after being savagely beaten at the Harsnakar Restuarant on June 17.
Major Avetyan, 35, headed the Otolaryngology Unit at the Central Clinic's Military Hospital.
Organizers of the memorial urge all concerned to attend the event outside the Harsnakar Restaurant in Yerevan's Avan district and to raise their voices as one against such unlawful and uncivilized behaviour
Major Avetyan and friends were beaten by restaurant security employees and personal bodyguards of MP Rouben Hayrapetyan, owner of the restaurant.
- 1862 The first rebellion of Zeytoon against Turkish exactions.
- 1921 The Red Army enters Sissian.
- 1995 The International Court of Justice makes a pronouncement (90) in the Case Concerning East Timor (Portugal vs. Australia). Certain aspects of this document may be significant in the resolution of the Artsakh crisis.
- 1999 Senator Brownback speaks during the 145th Congress (Record S7840) in favor of tipping American policies in Transcaucasia in favor of Azerbaijan.