© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1100 Birth of Nerses Shnorhalee (poet, historian). He died in 1173.
- 1679 An earthquake (Richter Scale: 7.0) occurs at Garrnee. After shocks continue till October.
- 1855 Khrimian 'Hayrik' edits 'The Eagle of Vaspurakan' periodical in Constantinople. From 1858 to 1864, it is published in Varada Monastery. It is republished in 1872 by Manuel Ananian in Constantinople.
- 1878 Defense treaty signed between England and Turkey to safeguard the eastern territories occupied by Turkey, in return for which Turkey cedes Cyprus to England.
- 1909 Archbishop Yegheesheh Doorian was elected Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1918 The Treaty of Ghars is signed between the representatives of Turkey and the Armenian National Council in Batum. Turkey is given extensive Armenian territories.
- 1925 The "Pioner Kanch" (Call of the Pioneer) newspaper was first published in Yerevan.