© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 325 The First Ecumenical Council in Nicea. It adopts the "Nicean Creed".
- 1817 Thanks to the efforts of the public figure Krtsheekyan, Rashid and Ali pashas received the Sultan's confirmation for two meetings of the Armenian Patriarchate of Constantinople. The first was a Spiritual Meeting with fourteen members and the second was a Supreme Meeting with twenty members. This confirmation led to the eventual proclamation of a National Constitution.
- 1892 Birth of Hamo Beknazaryan (actor, film director). He died in 1965.
- 1915 Victorious outcome of the one-month defense of Van (Western Armenia).
- 1969 Death of writer Arsen Yerkat.