ANNUAL CONSUL'S SILICON VALLEY RECEPTION: A NEW EVENT TO APPRECIATE THOSE WHO "GIVEN SO MUCH FOR ARMENIA"
- On December 17, 2011 a special event sponsored by Consul General of the RA in Los Angeles and the ArmTech Congress was held at San Jose Fairmont Hotel, which, due to its success, is expected to be repeated every December in the Bay Area under the name of Annual Consul's Silicon Valley Reception. As Tony Moroyan , the Event Master of Ceremonies, Co-Founder of the ArmTech Congress and Chairman of the Yerevan Viasphere Technopark told your correspondent, " This was indeed a significant event because we succeeded to realize our vision and objectives. The main purpose and the objective was to give back community wide thanks, appreciation and gratitude to so many that have done so much and given so much efforts, time, investments, contributions, advice and evangelizing for Armenia. Some has done these continually for more that 20 years. Long journeys of almost like going to "oukht" or pilgrimage " .According to Moroyan, "the Armenian Government, the representatives of Armenia have been working very hard and are under many challenges since the birth of this tiny but free Republic of Armenia. The Government personnel had to learn fast and absorb fast since most of them have not have long years of experience in this your free country. The recognizes it and appreciates the difficulties and challenges it has faced in the last 20 years, faces today as we speak of and will face even greater pones going forward. Government personnel will themselves admit that many things have been done the right way but sometimes mistakes have been done also. Armenia today faces many adversities and have a long and hard way to climb the heights of democracy, self reliance, retention its much valued resources, increased investments and high-level of public satisfaction. The challenges are many and increasing. They have to work parallel on issues, plans and executions to keep abreast and achieve much desired economic equilibrium. appreciates this and does not take it lightly. Unfortunately, is more like "s", i.e. sometimes fragmented with many objectives and targets. In its daily busy schedules and ever increasing work load, it has been very difficult to put effort to express systematically gratitude and appreciation to many who have given most of what they have time, money and efforts. Sometimes even more than what they can afford" .
As it was mentioned above, the first goal of the Event was to show Armenian Government appreciation to the "vibrant and very effective Bay Area High Tech Professionals and Armenian Community" under the auspices of the Consulate General of Armenia on behalf of Armenia. "The organizers, the usual suspects, ArmTech Congress and its top high tech executives along with the Consul General of Armenia in LA made this event a success as given the limited budget, they were able to bring 100 key high tech executives and Armenian community leaders. With one word, the movers and shakers of the Armenian Bay Area Community and key high tech executives" , Tony Moroyan said. To top the event, the co-founders of the ArmTech Congress (which seems to be a success as already 4 events in 2007 (San Francisco), 2008 (Yerevan), 2009 (San Jose) and 2011 (Yerevan) were held already), Tony Moroyan and Rich Goldman , VP of Synopsys Inc., together with the RA Consul General Grigor Hovannisyan handed the Medals of the ArmTech Congress to recognize key individuals who, in Moroyan's words, "had made the difference in terms of helping, successfully evangelizing Armenia,- some over 20 years" . The medalists were: John Kibranian, Hrayr & Seeping Sarkissian, Ara Markosian, Sedrak Sargisian, Araxie Bastian, Razmik Abnous, Rostom Aintablian, John Chilton, Gray Horoupian, Vache Moroyan, Nora Reichel, Jay Sarkis, Herta Schreiner, Michelle Vo, Nerses Balabanian, and Mark Chenian .
(Remarkably, the Event was going to be attended by Steve Wozniak , the second Laureate of the Annual RA President Global IT Award. Unfortunately, Mr Wozniak got quite ill but send his apologies for "missing such an event" ).
According to Mr Moroyan, the second goal was "to help bring the different and sometimes competing organizations and elements together to collaborate more and thus to achieve more and be able to do more and more efficiently for Armenia; and this event helped to promote the goal very effectively without doing much preaching" . And the Event's next day the RA Consul General in LA Grigor Hovannissyan and Tony Moroyan participated in a special meeting that, reportedly, "was successful to bring most of the 42 Bay Area Organizations under one roof to plan Bay Are Pan Armenian projects and plans and was held under motto " A Small step ... but a giant step towards PanArmenian world wide goals."
- By Gourgen Khazhakian
ANNUAL CONSUL'S SILICON VALLEY RECEPTION: A NEW EVENT TO APPRECIATE THOSE WHO "GIVEN SO MUCH FOR ARMENIA"By Gourgen KhazhakianOn December 17, 2011 a special event sponsored by Consul General of the RA in Los Angeles and the ArmTech Congress was held at San Jose Fairmont Hotel, which, due to its success, is expected to be repeated ...
ANNUAL CONSUL'S SILICON VALLEY RECEPTION: A NEW EVENT TO APPRECIATE THOSE WHO "GIVEN SO MUCH FOR ARMENIA"By Gourgen Khazhakian
- 1868 Death of Father Arsen Bagratoonee, writer and author of "Haik Dyootsazn".
- 1900 Lenin publishes the first number of the "Iskra" newspaper in Leipzig (Germany).
- 1908 Birth of Yoosoof Karsh. He is an Armenian portrait photographer in Ottawa (Canada).
- 1952 Death of Anton Gazeli, writer and publicist.
- 1964 The Armenian SSR creates the districts of Artik, Gugark, Kamo, and Hrazdan.