- By Edmond Y. AzadianPopulation growth is a strategic weapon for many nations. For long, European countries have adopted "birth encouragement" programs to overcome the drop in their populations. France, especially, has a ...
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1904 Lenin publishes the first number of the "Vperyod" (Forward) newspaper in Geneva (Switzerland).
- 1931 Creation of the Radio Broadcasting Committee in Armenia.
- 1972 Death of Mkrtich Armen. He was born in 1906.
- 1986 The International Court of Justice decides on the Case Concerning the Frontier Dispute between Burkina Faso and Mali (554, 566-567). Certain aspects of this document may be significant in the resolution of the Artsakh crisis.
- 1993 The Azerbaijani army launches attacks along the length of its whole border with Artsakh. All attacks are repulsed with devastating losses for the aggressors. The aggression is abandoned in May 1994.