- By Edmond Y. AzadianArmenians have placed their bet on Russia, as a Christian nation, and most of the time, they have enjoyed positive results. Yet, there have been times, when some of the Russian leaders have not hesitated ...
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1858 Birth of Johannes Lepsius (German christian leader who tried to inform the world about the Armenian Genocide by Turkey to prevent any repetition). He died in 1926.
- 1915 Death of editor Tigran Arpiarian.
- 1969 Death of writer Kostan Zarian.
- 1985 G. Ducros, Deputy President of France's National Assembly, on behalf of 35 deputies, gives a speech in favor of a Special Declaration to recognize the Armenian Genocide of 1915.