- By Edmond Y. AzadianEvery time a nostalgic Armenian travels to the land of his ancestors, currently occupied Turkey, he or she is surrounded by the ubiquitous volunteer guides who offer their services to hunt for hidden ...
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1808 The seige of Yerevan is lifted.
- 1815 Birth of public figure Serviche (Serovbe Vichenyan) in Constantinople. He died in 1887.
- 1859 Death of Nikoghayos Zoranyan (economist). He was born in 1821.
- 1920 The Sovietized Government of Azerbaijan recognizes Artsakh as a part of Armenia. It reversed this decision several days later.
- 1933 The "Dzor" power station's brought on line to maximum output.
- 1960 The State Museum of the Revolution opens in Yerevan.
- 1965 Opening of the ten-day Armenian Culture Festival in Sofia (Bulgaria).