- By Tatoul HakobianIn 2006 Russia is going to increase gas tariffs for CIS countries. In one of its late-October issues Rossiykaya Gazeta newspaper, which voices the views of Russian government, wrote that Armenia was informed ...
A LIFE-CHANGING TRIP TO ARMENIA AND KARABAGH FOR 30 YOUNG PROFESSIONALS BY THE FUND FOR ARMENIAN RELIEFBy Florence AvakianNEW YORK, NY -- "I'd never actually gone somewhere that felt more like 'home' than home does! To arrive in a country you've never set foot in, yet feel such an amazing 'sense ...
- By Gohar GevorgianCentral Administration of Armenian Democratic Liberal Party informs that the November 26 meeting of Tekeyan Cultural Association announced about creation of the Association's youth wing with chairman ...
GRIGOR AMALIAN: IF EVERYTHING WERE NORMAL IN THE SPHERE OF TV AND RADIO, OUR COMMISSION WOULD NOT BE NEEDEDBy Tamar MinasianGrigor Amalian, chairman of the National Commission on TV and Radio, thinks that there are many violations in the sphere today that should be handled with time. The Commission's task is to bring ...
- By Gohar Gevorgian
- By Marietta Makarian
- By Gohar Gevorgian
- By Karine Danielian
- By Tamar Minasian
- By Ara Martirosian
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1827 Russian officers premiere - in Yerevan's Sardar Palace - Griboedov's (Russian Ambassador in Persia) comedy "Grief of the Mind".
- 1864 The Senate exiles Meekael Nalbandyan (author and political activist) to Kamish.
- 1901 Start of the Armenian Students' Congress in Riga (Latvia). Stepan Shahoomyan heads the revolutionary social-democrat block at the ten-day meeting.
- 1903 Birth of Goorgen Janibekyan (actor). He died in 1956.
- 1917 The Caucasian Army's Second Assembly opens in Tbilissi. Decisions are taken on Soviet governance in the Caucasus.
- 1920 The Revolutionary Committee of the Armenian SSR nationalizes banks.
- 1922 Opening of the First Council of the Soviet Federative Socialist Republic of the Transcaucasus. The next congresses took place in 1924, 1925, 1927, 1929, 1931, and 1935.
- 1991 Artsakh holds a referendum on independence in the presence of foreign observers subject to the Soviet laws in legal effect at the time. 82% of the electorate (as determined by the latest available census of January 1989) voted 99.7% in favor of secession according to the 1990 04 03 Soviet law that was valid and internationally recognized at that time. Based on the results, independence is declared by the Supreme Council on 1992 01 06.
- 1998 Death of Manouk Atoyan (engineer) in Javakhk (Georgia). He was born in 1925.