On September 12, in accordance with the earlier agreement with the authorities of the Nagorno- Karabakh Republic, the OSCE Mission held scheduled monitoring of the Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijani armed forces' contact-line in northern direction, in Omar mountain pass.
From the positions of the NKR Defense Army, the monitoring was held by Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office Ambassador Andrzey Kaspzyk (Poland) and his Field Assistant Khristo Khristov (Bulgary).
On the opposite side, the monitoring group comprised Field Assistants of the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office Jiri Aberle (Czech Republic) and William Prior (Great Britain).
The monitoring passed in accordance with the agreed schedule. No violation of the cease-fire regime was fixed.
From the Karabakh party, the monitoring mission was accompanied by representatives of the NKR Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Defense.
NKR MFA Press Service
- 1795 Shah Aha-Muhammad occupies Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1801 Tsar Alexander the First proclaims the annexation of Georgia, Loree, Pambak, Kazakh, and Borchaloo Provinces to the Russian Empire.
- 1828 Russian forces and Armenian militia occupy Toprakhkaleh and liberate Alashkert.
- 1828 Birth of Mkrtich Peshiktashlyan (public figure) in Constantinople. He died in 1868.
- 1870 Birth of Yeghisheh Tadevossyan (artist). He died in 1936.