ON 19 JULY ARTSAKH REPUBLIC ACTING PRESIDENT BAKO SAHAKYAN VOTED AT THE STEPANAKERT POLLING STATION NO 24.
- Bako Sahakyan stressed the importance of the elections in the life of our republic, adding that they demonstrate the real degree of democracy in the country, Artsakh's adherence to international norms and standards.
According to Bako Sahakyan the election campaign in Artsakh was carried out on a high level, in compliance with international standards, free and transparent providing all the candidates equal opportunities.
As for his choice, the acting President noted that he gave his vote for the unity, cooperation, for building a powerful and independent state.
CENTRAL INFORMATION DEPARTMENT
OF THE OFFICE OF THE ARTSAKH REPUBLIC PRESIDENT
- 1854 Russian forces occupy Bayazet (Western Armenia).
- 1874 The Tsar publishes additional rules for Armenian schools, while keeping them as parish schools.
- 1890 The Hnchaks organize the Gum-Gapu demonstration in Constantinople.
- 1908 Death of Yeghia Demirtjipashian. He was born in 1851.
- 1914 Start of the First World War.
- 1918 Lenin, through the Government of Soviet Russia, decides to liquidate the National Soviets, Committees, the Security Council, and Armenian bourgeois-nationalist and counter-revolutionary organizations, that existed in Russia.
- 1921 The Red Army enters Meghri. The Zangezur area returns to Soviet Armenia.
- 1921 The organizer of the massacre of the Armenians of Baku, Jivanshir, is executed in Constantinople by Armenians.
- 1971 Death of writer Soghomon Taronetsi.