OSCE MG CO-CHAIRMEN WILL CROSS THE CONTACT LINE
On July 11, in accordance with the agreement with the authorities of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, the OSCE Mission will hold scheduled monitoring of the Nagorno-Karabakh and Azerbaijani armed forces' contact-line in the Askeran direction.
From the positions of the NKR Defense Army, the monitoring group will comprise Field Assistants of the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office Antal Herdich (Hungary) and Irjie Aberle (Czech Republic).
On the opposite side, the monitoring is to be led by Field Assistants of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office Personal Representative Hristo Hristov (Bulgary) and William Prior (Great Britain).
It is planned that during the monitoring the OSCE MG co-chairmen, who are going to pay a working visit to the region, will cross the contact-line in the section, which had been previously cleared of mines.
From the Karabakh party, the monitoring mission will be accompanied by representatives of the NKR Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Defense.
NKR MFA Press-Service
- 0 Armenian Constitution Day.
- 1827 Start of the Battle of Jevan-Bulad.
- 1919 Talaat, Jemal, Enver, and Nazim are sentenced to death by Constantinople's Extraordinary Military Tribunal. Behaedeen Shakeer, Jemal Azeem and Nayeel Bey, Executive Secretary of Trapizond's Party section, are also sentenced to death by this court. The sentences referred to the organization of the Armenian Genocide by these criminals.
- 1920 The Armenian Parliament adopts the Law on Armenian citizenship.
- 1968 Death of Vahram Papazyan (actor). He was born in 1888.
- 1995 For the first time in Armenia's history, Independent Armenia's Constitution was adopted by referendum.