ARMENIAN PRESIDENT NOT SURPRISED AT ALIYEV'S MISINFORMATION ON ARMENIAN NPP
- Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan touched upon his Azerbaijani counterpart Ilham Aliyev's misinformation on the Armenian Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) at the Nuclear Security Summit 2012 in Seoul.
"I am not surprised at the obvious misinformation related to the Armenian NPP voiced by the Azerbaijani President, as spreading disparaging information on Armenia has become Azerbaijan's way of action.
Moreover, Azerbaijani authorities distort information not only on Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh but also documents adopted by the international community," Sargsyan said.
Azerbaijan even distorts documents by the UN Security Council, neglecting the fact that it was Azerbaijan to unleash military actions and then refused to stop it, he added.
"Azerbaijani authorities continue voicing warlike statements and reject to settle the Karabakh issue in accordance with the international law," the President stressed.
- 1768 Birth of satirist and public figure Grigor Anooshian (Anoosh) in Rooshtshook (Bulgaria). He is a prominent figure in modern Armenian literature. He died in 1830 in Bucharest.
- 1891 Death of actor Petros Maghakyan in Constantinople.
- 1902 Death of Christapor Kara-Murza. He was born in 1853.
- 1923 Death of Armen Karo (Garegeen Pastrmajyan), one of the founders of the "Cilician Society" organization. He was born in 1873.
- 1929 Death of Minas Cheraz (teacher and political figure) in Marseilles. He was born in 1852.
- 1929 Death of Meenass Shehraz in Marseilles (France), one of the founders of the "Cilician Society" benevolent organization. He was born in 1852.
- 1935 The premiere of "Anoosh" (opera) by Armen Tigranian takes place in Yerevan's Opera and Ballet Theater. The premiere of "Anoosh" took place in Alexandropol, in 1912.
- 1946 The People's Commissars are renamed Soviet Ministers and the People's Commissariats are called Ministries of the Armenian SSR.
- 1993 In response to a spring offensive by the Azerbaijani Armed forces, Artsakh forces launch successful counterattacks and liberate Kelbajar and Fizuli.