LUXEMBURG FM TO VISIT ARMENIA
- At the invitation of the RA FM Edward Nalbandian the Luxembourg Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn is to visit Armenian from September 11 to 12. During the visit, as the Foreign Minister reports, RA President Serzh Sargsyan and RA PM Tigran Sargsyan are to receive the Luxembourg Foreign Minister. Talks will be held between the Armenian and Luxembourgian Foreign Ministers. Joint press conference will be given. Mr. Asselborn will also visit to Tsitsernakaberd where he will lay a wreath at the memorial of the Armenian Genocide victims.
Similar headlines for (last 7 days) new!
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 0 Hori was the second month in the old Armenian calendar (September 10 to October 9). One source identifies it with the Armenian word for "well" because villagers would store their harvest in wells. Academician Malkhasian thinks that the word is derived from "vine-branch" and alludes to the grape harvest that takes place during this month.
- 1826 End of the heroic defense of Fort Shooshee (Artsakh).
- 1869 Birth of cleric and ethno-musicologist Komitas (Soghomon Soghomonyan) in Kutina (Western Armenia). He died in Paris in 1935.
- 1890 Birth of Franz Werfel in Prague (Austrian novelist). He wrote "The Forty Days of Musa Dagh" (1933), a best-selling epic tale of Armenian resistance to the Turkish Genocide of 1915. He died in 1945.
- 1896 Armenian massacres begin in Akn.
- 1896 Start of the second defense of Van under the leadership of Vardgehss and Vardan.
- 1898 Andreas Artehruni (scientist) dies in Germany. He was born in 1847.
- 1920 The conference of Armenia's Communist organizations opens in Baku.