© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1804 The 5000-strong Russian force beseiges Yerevan.
- 1833 Birth of Grigor Chilinkiryan (public figure and translator) in Smyrna. He died in 1923.
- 1833 Death of Ghookas Inchichyan (armenologist and geographer) in Venice. He was born in 1758.
- 1840 An earthquake (Richter Scale: 7.0) occurs at Ararat and affects a 5000 sq. km. area. It kills 1000 people.
- 1915 Russian forces retreat, resulting in a massive flight of Armenians from Van and Vaspoorakan. There are huge losses when the Turkish army massacres the remnants of the Armenian population.
- 1921 The Red Army reaches Goris.
- 1946 The first group of Diasporan Armenians are repatriated to Armenia.
- 1985 The 38th Meeting of UN Sub-Committee discusses and approves the report submitted by Great Britain's Representative, Benjamin Whittaker. The 24th paragraph of this report qualifies the Armenian Massacres as an example of Genocide.