© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1834 The National Hospital of the Holy Savior is founded in Constantinople. It is still in operation.
- 1855 The Russian army occupies Ardahan (Western Armenia).
- 1869 Birth of seascape artist Vardan Makhookhian. He died in 1937.
- 1884 Birth of Dro (Drastamat Kanayan). He died in 1956. His remains were transferred to Aparan in 2001 to recognize his defeat of the Turkish Army there in May 1918.
- 1890 Death of Mkrteetsh Sanasarian, the founder of Karnoy Sanassarian Gymnasium.
- 1915 Zeytoon is renamed Suleymanie by order of Sultan Mehmed Reshad.
- 1918 Death of Marzpet, revolutionary and public figure.
- 1920 The Dashnak delegation starts its negotiations with Soviet Russia in Moscow.
- 1978 The Azat Reservoir (Artashat region) is operational.