© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1805 The Khanate of Shakoo (Nookhee) is annexed to the Russian Empire.
- 1864 Founding of the "Armenian Humanitarian Association" in Baku.
- 1889 The Turkish political organization Union and Progress (formerly known as the "Ottoman Union Organization") was created. It's ethnocentric fanaticism led to the implementation the Armenian Genocide in the First World War.
- 1915 The Turkish government proclaims the law (consisting of three points) on the Armenians' penalties and deportations from military areas.
- 1917 Death of writer Mkrteetsh Atjemyan.
- 1920 The 11th Army enters Artsakh and moves towards Tartar-Martakert. Start of the tyranny over this Armenian land.
- 1920 The establishment of Soviet power in Dilijan.
- 1921 The Revolutionary Committee of the Armenian SSR is reorganized as the Council of People's Commissars, headed by Alexander Miasnikyan.
- 1967 Death of composer Barsegh Kanachyan. He was born in 1885.