© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1861 Meekael Nalbandian's "Two lines" (tract) published in Paris.
- 1884 Birth of Daniel Varujan (poet). He was killed during the Armenian Genocide implemented by the Turks in 1915.
- 1915 Start of the one-month defense of Van.
- 1919 Creation of the Communist Youth "Spartak" organization in Yerevan.
- 1926 The All-Armenian Congress of the Yezidi people opens in Yerevan.
- 1948 Death of Avetees Aharonian, one of the leaders of Armenian liberation movement. He was born in 1866.
- 1965 The Law on the Armenian Victims' Commemoration Day is adopted at a joint session of Uruguay's Senate and House of Representatives.
- 1994 The Russian Duma (the lower house of the bicameral Russian legislature) votes to recognize the Armenian Genocide.