A LETTER FROM BAKU
The present situation in Baku is worth attention. The unbearable crisis of oil trade has led the population to disappointment and despair. The change is still tangible and regrettable - the joyful and almost carefree people of the last year are now like a timid herd of sheep wandering around. All ... -
- 1874 The Arazdayan irrigation canal opens in Yerevan province.
- 1892 Death in Constantinople of Garegin Srvandztyants (orator and public figure). He was born in 1840.
- 1920 Turkey occupies Alexandropol (Gyumri).
- 1932 Inauguration of the second stage of Yerevan's hydro-electric power station.
- 1934 Opening of the Pedagogical Institute of Leninakan (Gyumri).
- 1958 The Atarbekyan hydro-electric power station is put on line.
- 1967 The circular electron accelerator starts to work in Yerevan.