THEY WILL NOT DISCOURAGE THE PROTESTERS BY CLOSING BATHROOMS
- In order to make the protesters feel uncomfortable, bathrooms in the Freedom Square haven't been open for a few days now. The owners of cafes in the vicinity don't allow the protesters to use their bathrooms either. Yesterday the protesters gathered in the Freedom Square ensured during a conversat... - A. H.
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1854 Start of the ten-month defense of Sebastopol.
- 1895 Genocide of the Armenians in Western Armenia (Bayberd, Trabzon, Dergan, Erznka, Charsangak, Urfa, Karin, Kharberd, Marzavan, Diarbuir, and Shapin-Gharahisar) by the Turks.
- 1946 Inauguration of Khatshatoor Abovyan's (writer and educator) monument in Yerevan.
- 1952 The 19th Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union adopts the fifth five-year plan.