© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1827 Russian forces occupy Fort Sardarapat.
- 1854 The Battle of Alma in the Crimea.
- 1908 Birth of Catholicos Vazgen the First. He died in 1994.
- 1918 A British Army firing squad summarily murders the 26 Baku Commissars of the Baku Commune (including Stepan Shahoomyan) somewhere on the shores of the Caspian Sea.
- 1962 The Presidium of the USSR Supreme Soviet awards composer Avet Avetisyan the title of People's Artist of the USSR.
- 1990 The Azeri Turk attack on Martooni (Artsakh) is repulsed.
- 1992 Artsakh unsuccessfully petitions the United Nations, the Commonwealth of Independent States and other countries for recognition of its independence.