V. GASPARI DEMANDS AMD 850.000 IN COMPENSATION
- Opposition activist Vardges Gaspari does not view the new appointment of Nikol Pashinyan, a lawmaker of the Armenian National Congress (HAK), as a guarantee for a fair decision to be brought in his case.
Nikol Pashinyan has been appointed Chairman of the Ethics Committee of the National Assembly which is to study on Sept. 24 a complaint filed by Vardges Gaspari against Republican MP Samvel Alexanyan. Mr. Gaspari says he does not have great expectations from the Committee. Gaspari lodged the complaint following a June 21 incident outside the NA building during which the Republican MP seized the poster Gaspari was holding. Later, Alexanyan's bodyguard knocked Gaspari down at the NA entrance.
Vardges Gaspari says Nikol Pashinyan cannot influence the decision which is to be determined by vote. The Committee includes Nikol Pashinyan (HAK), Merujan Simonyan (Prosperous Armenia Party-BHK), Hovhannes Margaryan (Country of Law -OEK), Artsvik Minasyan (ARF-Dashnaktsutyun), and Zaruhi Postanjyan (HHK).
Yesterday Vardges Gaspari filed a lawsuit with the Kentron and Nork-Marash district court against Finance Minister Vache Gabrielyan and Police Chief Vladimir Gasparyan. "On March 3, 2011, I was taken to the Police Department of Kentron District where I was subjected to administrative detention. Administrative proceedings were initiated against me. In April 2011, the Police Department of Kentron District brought a suit against me with the Administrative Court under Article 182 of the Criminal Code (on administrative offense charges).
At the end of the litigation, which lasted almost 15 months, the police appealed to the Administrative Court to dismiss the case. By a July 21, 2012 decision, Administrative Court dismissed the administrative proceedings against me. From March 3, 2011, to July 21, 2012, I spent a large amount of energy and time to prove my innocence and now I demand that the Court levy AMD 850 000 on the RA Police as compensation," says Mr. Gaspari.
- 1854 The allies move towards Sebastopol during the Crimean War.
- 1883 Birth of Rromanoss Melikyan (composer). He died in 1935.
- 1886 Birth of writer Aharon Tsatooryan. He died in 1965.
- 1912 Invited representatives from various Armenian social group, meeting in Tbilissi, request that the Russian government again raise the issue of the Armenian Question.
- 1918 At the Battle of Arara (Palestine), Armenian soldiers from the Eastern Legion fighting for the Allies, defeat the Turkish forces.
- 1918 The Armenian Legion, fighting on the side of the Allies, routs the Turkish forces at the battle of Arara.
- 1956 Inauguration of the Byurakan observatory.