"DEATH WOULD BE A PRESENT FOR SAFAROV"
- The leader of the Jewish community does not welcome the calls for killing Ramil Safarov.
"There are more terrible means of punishment than an instant death. It would be a great present for him. He must suffer." Rima Varzhapetyan said.
She at the same time welcomes the actions taken by Israel in retaliation for the massacre of Jewish sportsmen in Munich in 1972, as a result of which both the participants and organizers of the terrorist act were killed.
She is in favor of Israel's' official stance, according to which each Jew's life is greatly valuable. "You know numerous cases of swapping several persons for one Jew". In the opinion of Ms. Varzhapetyan, Armenia should take the opportunity in terms of the Genocide's recognition. "If Armenia manages to achieve Safarov's deserved punishment, it will be one of the most serious steps related to the recognition of the Armenian Genocide," she told A1+.
By the way, Ms. Varzhapetyan believes that only two countries - Azerbaijan and Hungary - are to blame for Safarov's extradition. But she also expressed an opinion that those who encouraged his pardon should be punished as well. Asked what punishment should be imposed on them, she replied: "I will not tell that to anyone, you will see it yourselves".
- 1Those gathered today in Yerevan State University were waiting for NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen to express his opinion about the extradition of Azerbaijani criminal Ramil Safarov to Azerbaijan ...
- 1The leader of the Jewish community does not welcome the calls for killing Ramil Safarov. "There are more terrible means of punishment than an instant death. It would be a great present for him. He must ...
- 1831 Birth of Khoren Galfayan - Nar Pey - (public figure) in Constantinople. He died in 1892.
- 1934 Opening of Ghapan's ore (copper/molybdenum) concentration plant.
- 1956 Socialist twinning of Yerevan and Kiev (Ukrainian SSR).
- 1965 The International Conference on the Theory of Analytical Functions opens in Yerevan.