HHK NOT TO ENDORSE BALASANYAN?
- The Republican Party of Armenia (HHK) still hasn't made an official decision on whether or not it will support candidate of the Prosperous Armenia Party (BHK) Samvel Balasanyan in the September 9 elections for mayor of Gyumri.
"The HHK Executive Body still hasn't made a decision on the mayor of Gyumri and the mayors of other cities. The party will make an announcement once it has made a decision. There is also no decision on endorsing Samvel Balasanyan. There are different views, but there is a view that can be preferable over the others as long as the party hasn't made an official decision. I don't think it is right to say that the HHK will endorse the BHK candidate," Eduard Sharmazanov mentioned in an interview with "A1+".
Sharmazanov also touched upon the 2013 presidential elections.
"The HHK is perhaps the only political party that has declared its candidate, and that is Serzh Sargsyan. I think nobody doubts that Sargsyan will be reelected. I think even the candidates who will run in the elections realize that they will be fighting for second place. Serious progress has been made throughout the five years of Serzh Sargsyan's term in office, and the greatest progress made was the transition from the political, moral-psychological crisis to normal, peaceful democracy. There is no longer a sphere of hatred that existed in 2008. Everyone can say Armenia has changed over the past four years," said Sharmazanov.
As far as the BHK's position in the political field, Sharmazanov reiterated the view that has expressed several times: "Time will show. The BHK will show whether it is pro-government or part of the opposition through its actions."
- 1864 The Armash Congregation starts to publish the "Hooys" periodical.
- 1918 Temporary loss of Soviet power in Baku and creation of the "Central Caspian Dictatorship".
- 1940 Death of the military leader, Sepooh.
- 1947 Death of Hamo Ohanjanian.