ARMENIAN, FRENCH FMS DISCUSS KARABAKH PEACE DEAL
- Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian met with his French counterpart Laurent Fabius in Paris on July 24.
The French official said that the meeting was a good opportunity to sum up the achievements of reciprocal relations and to give fresh impetus to the future collaboration.
Minister Nalbandian said the relations between France and Armenia which are anchored on traditional friendship are developing dynamically. He stressed that the high-level reciprocal visits, including the state visits of Armenian and French Presidents, contributed to further strengthening of bilateral relations.
"There is high-level political dialogue between the two countries. We have active inter-parliamentary ties, decentralized cooperation and wide legal-contractual field. France is the second country to make large-scale investments in Armenia. About 160 French companies operate in different spheres in Armenia. Also, the courtiers are actively cooperating in the spheres of culture and education," said the Armenian FM.
The two officials also reflected on the steps to be implemented for further development of bilateral cooperation.
The interlocutors discussed a number of international and regional issues of mutual interest. They underlined that the positions of the two countries coincide in many cases.The two ministers exchanged thoughts on Armenian-French cooperation within international organizations, discussed Armenia-EU relations and the programs implemented within its framework. Minister Nalbandian briefed his French counterpart on the progress recorded in the negotiations over the Association Agreement, visa facilitation regime and the process of negotiations on deep and comprehensive free trade area agreement.
Speaking about the Nagorno-Karabakh peace talks, the Armenian FM hailed France's constructive engagement in the OSCE Minsk Group process and reconfirmed Armenia's readiness to continue talks for reaching a final peaceful settlement of the conflict based on the statements of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairing countries made in L'Aquila, Muskoka, Deauville and Los Cabos.
Later on, Armenian and French FMs exchanged views on international agenda issues, including Iran's nuclear program and developments in the Middle East.
Edward Nalbandian invited his French counterpart to visit Armenia.
- 1Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian met with his French counterpart Laurent Fabius in Paris on July 24. The French official said that the meeting was a good opportunity to sum up the achievements ...
- 1826 Start of the two-month defence of Fort Shooshee.
- 1897 Assault of Khanasor against the Mazriks.
- 1922 Stepan Tsaghikian, Petros Ter-Poghosian and Artashes Gevorgian execute Jemal Pasha in front of the Cheka building. He was one of the three leaders of the Turkish Government that organized and implemented the Armenian Genocide.
- 1922 Petros Ter Poghosian and Artashes Gevorgian executed the Turkish Minister of the Navy, Jemal in Tbilisi. He was one of the three leaders of the Turkish Government that organized the Armenian Genocide.
- 1928 Maxim Gorky (author) visits Soviet Armenia.
- 1930 The Central Committee of the Communist Party of the USSR makes elementary education compulsory.