TRAINS ALREADY HAVE BUFFET CARS
- Passengers of the brand train "Armenia" of CJSC "South Caucasus Railway" which runs along the route Yerevan-Batumi-Yerevan can now use the services of buffet car. The car is already included in the train and is equipped with the necessary equipment. The service is provided by a company specializing in catering, SCR press service reports.
Taking into account the growing passenger traffic along the route, SCR is taking steps to improve passenger service, with the involvement of buffet car being one of them.
For the first month the brand train transported 6173 passengers in the direction of Yerevan-Batumi-Yerevan. This figure is 27% higher than the data in 2011 when the company transported 4848 passengers.
The average population of the trains during the specified period was 21 people per car which is 62% higher than last year when the average population was 13 people per car.
- 535 Emperor Justinian proclaims an edict on Armenian inheritance rights.
- 1828 Russian forces occupy Akhalkalak (Georgia).
- 1908 The Young Turks seize power in Turkey.
- 1993 The Artsakh army repels the Azeri Turkish forces from Aghdam.
- 1993 In the face of continued long-range artillery shelling of Armenian civilian settlements in Artsakh, the armed forces of Artsakh start the creation (ending on 1993 09 04) of a buffer zone, including Agdam, Jebrail, and Horadiz.