© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1854 Russian forces occupy Bayazet (Western Armenia).
- 1874 The Tsar publishes additional rules for Armenian schools, while keeping them as parish schools.
- 1890 The Hnchaks organize the Gum-Gapu demonstration in Constantinople.
- 1908 Death of Yeghia Demirtjipashian. He was born in 1851.
- 1914 Start of the First World War.
- 1918 Lenin, through the Government of Soviet Russia, decides to liquidate the National Soviets, Committees, the Security Council, and Armenian bourgeois-nationalist and counter-revolutionary organizations, that existed in Russia.
- 1921 The Red Army enters Meghri. The Zangezur area returns to Soviet Armenia.
- 1921 The organizer of the massacre of the Armenians of Baku, Jivanshir, is executed in Constantinople by Armenians.
- 1971 Death of writer Soghomon Taronetsi.