WIFI INTERNET ALREADY IN ALL BUSES OF NEW FLEET
- Today Yerevan Municipality and Orange announced the extension of the pilot project launched one year ago. In the framework of the project passengers of all buses of new fleet will be able to use free WiFi internet. Buses are now equipped with Orange MyFi 3G/wi-fi modems which create a mobile wi-fi zone and allow to connect simultaneously 5 devices: smartphones, netbooks, tablets etc. Today 91 buses are equipped with mobile WiFi and their number will reach 255 by the end of the year.
Bruno Duthoit, Orange Armenia CEO, said: Â« This is an interesting and important project for us, as it will allow us to test our MyFi service and its possibilities in different areas of the city. On the other hand it makes wifi internet more accessible. Last year when launching the project we tried to understand if this kind of services were needed by Yerevan inhabitants and we noticed that many passengers used WiFi in the buses. We are happy to continue and extend our cooperation with the Municipality and offer this opportunity to all passengers of the new fleet.Â»
First time mobile Wi-Fi has been implemented in Yerevan public transport one year ago, in the framework of pilot project by the Yerevan Municipality and Orange Armenia, when MyFi modems were installed in buses serving 5 routes.
- 1723 The Turks occupy Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1848 The district of Marash changes from a pasha's domain to a vilayet.
- 1849 Grigor Galstian publishes, for four years, the semi-annual "Study" paper.
- 1878 The Berlin Congress ends.
- 1915 Start of the defence of Mount Moses (Moosa) (Western Armenia). This episode of the Armenian Genocide of 1915, as implemented by Turkey, is the subject of Franz Werfel's "The Forty Days of Musa Dagh".
- 1922 Death of Kamo (Bolshevik revolutionary figure) - Simon Ter-Petrosyan - in Tbilissi. He was born in 1882 04 05.
- 1964 Death of writer Zorik Mirzoyan. He was born in 1916.