SHARMAZANOV RESPONDS TO MAMEDYAROV
- At a joint press conference in Baku with OSCE Secretary General Lamberto Zannier, Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mamedyarov said, "If Armenian forces withdraw from the occupied territories, they will not encounter any problems with sniper fire and armed incursions."
In response to Mamedyarov's statement, Vice-Speaker of the Armenian National Assembly Eduard Sharmazanov said, "Azerbaijani authorities continue to distort the truth which is as follows: Baku continues to occupy certain districts of the Artsakh [Nagorno Karabakh] Republic, namely Getashen, Martounashen and Shahoumyan. Azerbaijani snipers periodically fire on peaceful residents of Artsakh and in the direction of kindergartens.
It's the Azerbaijani side that must assume the full responsibility for the lack of serious progress in the settlement process. to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat."
- 1The Supreme Body of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation-Dashnaktsutyun convened its recurrent session in Lori on July 5-8. The participants of the meeting discussed the activity of the Supreme Body, ...
- 1881 Dr. Levon Tigranyan starts publishing the "Health" monthly.
- 1902 Death of Arsen Aytnyan (armenologist). He was born in 1825.
- 1914 Death of sculptor Yervand Voskanian.
- 1936 Murder by the Soviet Police of Aghassi Khandjyan (First Secretary of the Central Committee of Armenia's Communist Party) in Tbilisi.
- 1937 Death of actor Hovhannes Zarifian.