OSKANYAN'S ATTORNEY APPEALS TO NSS
- "In regard to the facts that I am aware of and the ones that I can't disclose at this moment, there is no legal ground for charging Mr. Oskanyan with any illegitimate act and persecuting him for that. If there is no legal ground for persecution, then there may be other motives for persecution," Vardan Oskanyan's attorney, lawyer Tigran Atanesyan told "A1+" and underlined that there was a political subtext.
If Vardan Oskanyan declares that he could have been told about his taxing obligations, and if he fulfilled them, doesn't it turn out that he accepts his guilt? Doesn't tax evasion presuppose criminal liability? In response, Tigran Atanesyan said:
"Mr. Oskanyan hasn't evaded taxes. He doesn't participate in the legal relations that exist and in which there could have been tax obligations, and in any case, he is not a taxpayer. He is referring to something else, but unfortunately, I can't disclose that."
Tigran Atanesyan told "A1+" that he had appealed to the National Security Service with the request to allow him to disclose the well-known facts.
"If we receive a positive response, we will disclose them and will present the information in more detail and allow lawyers to draw their conclusions."
Vardan Oskanyan only has one lawyer now, and that is Tigran Atanesyan.
"If there are lawyers whose work will be desired and necessary, it would be my pleasure to work with the experts and professionals," said Tigran Atanesyan, touching upon Vardan Oskanyan's suggestion to engage Gagik Tsarukyan's best international lawyers in this case.
We remind that Vardan Oskanyan and Civilitas Foundation are charged with money laundering.
- 1Doctors at the Central Military Hospital have trouble predicting whether Vahe Avetyan, who was beaten by security officials at Harsnakar Restaurant, will come out of the coma or not. When asked how she ...
- 1861 Birth of the Norwegian Friedhof Nansen (public figure). He died in 1930 after helping countless Armenian refugees, who had survived the Armenian Genocide perpetrated by the Turks. He created the "Nansen Passport" for these stateless refugees.
- 1911 Death of Petros Simonian, national figure, publicist in Tbilisi and editor of the "Meghoo Hayastanee" periodical.
- 1918 The first Armenian delegation arrived in Constantinople to start reconciliation talks with Turkey.
- 1935 Opening of the State Historical Museum of Armenia in Yerevan.
- 1954 Death of Smbat Boroyan, participant in the 1921 February rebellion and the volunteer movement of the Sassoon rebellion of 1904. He was born in 1882.
- 2001 Death of Sargis Baghdasarian, sculptor, artist and teacher. His "We are our mountains" - "Gharabaghthsiner" sculpture (1967) became a symbol of the national movement of Artsakh. He was born in 1923.