CUCUMBER SALES DON'T CUT IT
- People in the Griboyedov village of Armavir region are mainly involved in greenhouse economy since they can't sow seeds in the vegetable gardens in the privatized lands due to lack of irrigation water.
This year Hovhannes Jamalyan has decided to create a greenhouse economy on his land adjacent to his house and grow cucumbers and tomatoes. Hovhannes saidi he already had cucumbers to sell, but the price is so low that he can't even pay off his debt for the seeds.
Hovhannes purchased 4,000 cucumber seeds for 50 drams each, not counting the 100 kg polyethylene bag that he purchased for 1,130 drams.
For more details, visit www.aravot.am
- 1Vice-Chairman of the RA National Assembly responds to statement of the Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs Last evening Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs Ahmed Davutoglu made a "groundbreaking" statement ...
- 0 Margats was the 11th month in the old Armenian calendar (June 7 to July 6). The name is associated with the Armenian for meadow.
- 0 International Day for the Protection of the Child.
- 1724 Turkish forces lay seige to Fort Yerevan and, three months later, capture it.
- 1846 Death of Nikoghos Tolbendjian, the co-worker of "Orageer" and the editor of "Lrageer". He was born in 1801.
- 1879 Birth of Arshak Alpoyajian, writer and diasporan Armenologist. He died in 1962.
- 1955 Publication of the "Soviet Art" monthly resumed.