ISRAEL TO ATTACK IRAN?
- Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak declared that "Israel would decide to attack Iran and when" during his speech at the conference held at the National Security Institute.
According to the BBC, the high-ranking official also touched upon the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and mentioned that if the peaceful talks with the autonomous Palestine fail, Israel will consider leaving the west coast without thinking twice and without any conditions.
In response, Speaker of the National Assembly of the autonomous state of Palestine Mahmud Abbas Nabil Abu Rudeyna has declared that with that, Palestine will be temporary, and that doesn't favor the administration.
"The Palestinian authorities don't' agree with having a state with the borders and the capital Jerusalem of 1967," said the official.
- 1834 The National Hospital of the Holy Savior is founded in Constantinople. It is still in operation.
- 1855 The Russian army occupies Ardahan (Western Armenia).
- 1869 Birth of seascape artist Vardan Makhookhian. He died in 1937.
- 1884 Birth of Dro (Drastamat Kanayan). He died in 1956. His remains were transferred to Aparan in 2001 to recognize his defeat of the Turkish Army there in May 1918.
- 1890 Death of Mkrteetsh Sanasarian, the founder of Karnoy Sanassarian Gymnasium.
- 1915 Zeytoon is renamed Suleymanie by order of Sultan Mehmed Reshad.
- 1918 Death of Marzpet, revolutionary and public figure.
- 1920 The Dashnak delegation starts its negotiations with Soviet Russia in Moscow.
- 1978 The Azat Reservoir (Artashat region) is operational.