ARMENIA, OMAN INTERESTED IN DEEPENING TIES
- Political consultations between Armenia and Oman were held at the Armenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The Armenian delegation was headed by Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Manasaryan.
The delegation of Oman was led by Deputy Foreign Minister Ahmed Yusuf Al-Harti. This was the first political consultation between the two countries.
The parties expressed confidence that the consultation would boost the development of bilateral relations. During the meeting, the parties discussed the steps necessary to develop the cooperation in a number of spheres of reciprocal interest. In particular, they attached importance to the development of cooperation in the educational and cultural fields. The interlocutors also discussed the cooperation within international organizations and discussed a wide range of regional issues. Deputy FM Sergey Manasaryan presented the current developments on the Karabakh issues, RA MFA press service reports.
- 1805 The Khanate of Shakoo (Nookhee) is annexed to the Russian Empire.
- 1864 Founding of the "Armenian Humanitarian Association" in Baku.
- 1889 The Turkish political organization Union and Progress (formerly known as the "Ottoman Union Organization") was created. It's ethnocentric fanaticism led to the implementation the Armenian Genocide in the First World War.
- 1915 The Turkish government proclaims the law (consisting of three points) on the Armenians' penalties and deportations from military areas.
- 1917 Death of writer Mkrteetsh Atjemyan.
- 1920 The 11th Army enters Artsakh and moves towards Tartar-Martakert. Start of the tyranny over this Armenian land.
- 1920 The establishment of Soviet power in Dilijan.
- 1921 The Revolutionary Committee of the Armenian SSR is reorganized as the Council of People's Commissars, headed by Alexander Miasnikyan.
- 1967 Death of composer Barsegh Kanachyan. He was born in 1885.