"MUNICIPAL AUTHORITIES MUST SUBMIT"
- The mayor of Yerevan is the one responsible for the illegal stands at Mashtots Park. The municipal authorities must be subject to the people in Yerevan.
In relation to President Serzh Sargsyan's visit to Mashtots Park and his assignment to the mayor of Yerevan to demolish the stands, the citizens of Armenia defending Mashtots Park declare:
The demolition of the illegal stands at Mashtots Park and the elimination of the illegal acts are exclusively part of the powers of Yerevan Municipality and the law-enforcement bodies according to the RA Constitution,
For nearly 80 days, Yerevan Municipality and the mayor are inactive in returning the public territory to the citizens of Yerevan and the Republic of Armenia,
The mayor of Yerevan must submit to the will of the citizens of Yerevan and not to the aesthetic preferences and positions of a person.
The evaluations of the police officers' actions must be based on the RA Constitution, the protection of public property, as well as the protection of human rights and liberties. We have to condemn any show of police brutality and illegal act, and not express gratitude and consider that an achievement.
Serzh Sargsyan in no way touched upon the rights of RA citizens and the protection of the people's primary interests, which lie at the core of the sovereignty of the Republic of Armenia and are the source of the legitimacy of state officials (President, mayor and others).
Based on all this, we demand from the Yerevan Municipality to
-immediately annul the decisions on illegal construction at Mashtots Park and return the park to the people by demolishing all the illegal stands, -renovate the area, taking into account the opinion of the public at large and participation in decision-making.
Find and bring to justice all the corresponding bodies of the Republic of Armenia that made illegal decisions, restore the material damage caused to the community and bring the officials who violated the RA citizens' legal interests and the police officers that applied force against the people.
We will continue our civil and legitimate struggle to gain and exercise our constitutional rights for the protection of our public property, national pride and the primary interests of our people.
"We are the owners of this city" civil initiative"Our City" civil-social initiative"In Defense of Teghut" civil initiative"Trchkan" civil initiativeSelf-determined citizens at Mashtots Park
- 1467 Jhanshah battles the Agh-koyoonloon tribesmen. He is killed at the age of 70.
- 1804 Russian forces, led by General Tshitshianov, start their first assault on Yerevan. It lasts till September.
- 1837 Opening of the Yerevan Consistory.
- 1843 The Mkhitarist Congregation publishes the "Bazmavep" monthly in Venice.
- 1868 The Armenian Church in Echmiadsin starts publishing (to 1918) the Holy See's official monthly: "Ararat".
- 1872 Death of Matatyan (Seyad), Eastern-Armenian writer and troubadour.
- 1891 The "Flag" newspaper (affiliated to the Dashnak party) starts publication.
- 1901 The Tsar publishes the law on land and agricultural reform in Transcaucasia.
- 1905 Civil unrest in Bitlis.
- 1920 Bolsheviks' first revolt in Armenia. The Armenian Government and Parliament take radical measures to quell the revolt.
- 1927 Death of Levon Sargsyan, the editor of "Moorch". He was a Bolshevik and later was made ambassador in Tehran.
- 1935 The first Armenian sound motion picture "Pepo" is shown.
- 1978 Death of Aram Khatshatooryan (composer). He was born in 1903.