- Statement of "Heritage" Party's election headquarters
"On April 30, the election headquarters of deputy candidate Styopa Safaryan received an alarm that there were some hindrances against the dissemination of materials related to the candidate and "Heritage" Party in the Avan district.
Styopa Safaryan and those accompanying him arrived at the scene at 13:00 and saw how a group of people were impeding the election campaign. Among them was a woman named Nara, who was one of the activists of the Republican Party of Armenia's (HHK) election headquarters and continued to collect the booklets about Safaryan and "Heritage" Party even after being warned not to.
At 12:00, nearly 30 activists of the HHK headquarters gathered at Third Street where they used swear words and made threats against Safaryan's advocacy groups. Two men who had come with Jeeps outstood the rest. They refused to mention who they were and claimed that Safaryan "gather his group and leave the district".
To not allow any intensification, Safaryan called the police and informed them about the incident, after which the HHK members left the premises.
Despite this, Safaryan and the representatives of his headquarters continued and ended their campaign.
It is painful to see that neither the HHK nor its majoritarian candidate Ruben Hayrapetyan made a statement condemning what happened.
We call on the candidate running at precinct N 1 and the police to take immediate measures to prevent such incidents from taking place at the precinct and not allow further tension."
Election headquarters of "Heritage" Party
- 1467 Jhanshah battles the Agh-koyoonloon tribesmen. He is killed at the age of 70.
- 1804 Russian forces, led by General Tshitshianov, start their first assault on Yerevan. It lasts till September.
- 1837 Opening of the Yerevan Consistory.
- 1843 The Mkhitarist Congregation publishes the "Bazmavep" monthly in Venice.
- 1868 The Armenian Church in Echmiadsin starts publishing (to 1918) the Holy See's official monthly: "Ararat".
- 1872 Death of Matatyan (Seyad), Eastern-Armenian writer and troubadour.
- 1891 The "Flag" newspaper (affiliated to the Dashnak party) starts publication.
- 1901 The Tsar publishes the law on land and agricultural reform in Transcaucasia.
- 1905 Civil unrest in Bitlis.
- 1920 Bolsheviks' first revolt in Armenia. The Armenian Government and Parliament take radical measures to quell the revolt.
- 1927 Death of Levon Sargsyan, the editor of "Moorch". He was a Bolshevik and later was made ambassador in Tehran.
- 1935 The first Armenian sound motion picture "Pepo" is shown.
- 1978 Death of Aram Khatshatooryan (composer). He was born in 1903.