FARMANYAN READY FOR DEBATE ON APRIL 26
- Deputy candidate running at precinct N2 Samvel Farmanyan (Republican Party of Armenia-HHK) has accepted his opponent, member of the Armenian National Congress (HAK) Vladimir Karapetyan's invitation to a political debate and has posted news about that on his Facebook page.
"The election campaign is halfway through. As a deputy candidate, I am generally content with the election campaign at precinct N 2 in Nor Nork district so far and still believe our precinct can be one of the exemplary precincts in the country in terms of a civilized election campaign.
I regret that my opponent rejected my simple offer to view the semi-final matches of the League of Champions last week and explained that there was a greater need of holding a television debate. Of course, I don't think Mr. Karapetyan didn't understand the meaning of my offer. It wasn't intended to serve as a replacement to the television debate. I reiterate that I have accepted the offer for a debate almost every day and it is truly strange to me that Mr. Karapetyan declares that he is waiting for my response. As yesterday during a program on H2 television, as well as today, I reiterate that I have given my consent to Artak Alexanyan's offer to meet with my opponent as a candidate running through the majoritarian electoral order at precinct N 2 and debate on ArmNews TV on April 26.
Until then, even though Mr. Karapetyan is avoiding this, and his and his small team's black PR and the offensive allusions don't serve as grounds for optimism, I, being loyal to a civilized and exemplary election campaign, offer to lead the march of our supporters from the Nork Nork district to Tsitsernakaberd Armenian Genocide Memorial to burn incense in memory of the victims of the Armenian Genocide.
I am certain that we can and are even obliged to stand above the inertia of the political culture that is dictated, be responsible and prove that we are different...", writes Samvel Farmanyan.
- 1729 Birth of Tsarina Catherine the Second, Empress of Russia from 1762. She died in 1796.
- 1858 Sultan Abdul Megid proclaims the Agrarian Law, which sets out new norms of land ownership.
- 1924 Death of Italian dramatic actress Eleanora Dyoozeh.
- 1926 Death of semasiologist Y. G. Mrmyan.
- 1990 An international, three-day meeting on the Armenian Genocide takes place in Yerevan. It was devoted to the 80th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.