ZOLYAN RECEIVES ANOTHER WARNING
- RA Minister of Education and Science Armen Ashotyan today signed a decree on applying a regulatory fine ("strict warning") against Rector of "Yerevan State Linguistic University after V. Brusov" State Non-Commercial Organization Stepan Zolyan.
The basis for the decree was the act prepared on 12 April 2012 based on the results of the March 20-27 control at Yerevan State Linguistic University on the part of the commission established by the RA Minister of Education and Science by decree N 190-A/K dated 19 March 2012, reports the MES press service.
Until then, during its special wide-format session today, the council of Yerevan State Linguistic University after V. Brusov decided to assign Suren Zolyan to appeal to the court to dispute the legitimacy of the act prepared on the basis of the results of the control implemented by the minister's decree, as well as with the demand to annul the act that hurts the good reputation of the university.
The RA Minister of Education and Science didn't attend the university council's special wide-format session today, even though he had received an invitation.
- 1879 Death of Chamik Aramyan (publisher) in Constantinople. He was born in 1820.
- 1904 Birth of Hrant G. Pastrmajian. He died in 1954.
- 1922 Aram Yerkanian and Arshavir Shirakian executed Behaeddin Shakir, the leader of the "special forces" and Jemal Azmi, former Governor of Trabizond, in Berlin. Both were active in implementing the 1915 Armenian Genocide.
- 1957 Twinning of Kirovakan (Vanadzor) and Batumi (Georgia).
- 1990 An International Scholars' Meeting titled: "The Armenian Genocide: History, Theory, Political Responsibility" and devoted to 75th Anniversary of the Armenian's Genocide, takes place in Yerevan. It lasts to April 21.
- 1997 The Legislative Assembly of New South Wales (Australia) adopts a decision to commemorate April 24 as a Memorial Day of the Armenian Genocide. It suggests to the Federal Australian Government to adopt a similar decision.