© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1879 Death in Moscow (Russia) of Stepanos Nazaryan, editor of the "Aurora Borealis". He was born in 1812.
- 1918 The "Messenger Book" daily is published in Tbilissi (Georgia): the first Soviet newspaper in Armenian.
- 1923 The Soviet of People's Committee of the Armenian SSR creates the State Cinema of Soviet Armenia (HayFilm).
- 1953 Academician Hrachia Atcharyan (linguist) dies in Yerevan. He was born in 1876.
- 1958 Death of composer Vagharshak Srvandztian.
- 1959 The Armenian SSR Supreme Soviet confirms the new Education Policy of Armenia.
- 1984 The US House of Representatives accepts a resolution (number 247) requesting that the Government announce that 1985 04 24 be designated a "National Day of Commemoration of Man's Inhumanity to Man".
- 1984 The Permanent People's Tribunal recognized the Armenian Genocide.
- 1998 An international seminar took place in the Sorbonne (Paris) on the Armenian Genocide. It was organized by the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party and financed by the See of Cilicia.