FOLLOW SECOND PLENARY SESSION ON LIVESTREAM
- The Union of Political Scientists is to discuss the structure of joint electoral headquarters, which is to secure public control during the upcoming May 6 Parliamentary elections.
The joint inter-party electoral headquarters (or public headquarters) will create inter-party commissions to check voters' lists, to secure equal coverage of news, as well as commissions to control the local governments, police and other administrative bodies.
Since January 2012, the Union of Political Scientists has been organizing a series of political hearings on the public supervision of the parliamentary elections at the union-run POLITLOGOS situation analysis and political forecast club.
As a result of eleven meetings, on April 4, at the central office of the Political Scientists Union, four political forces, namely the Prosperous Armenia Party (BHK), Armenian Revolutionary Federation- Dashnaktsutyun, Armenian National Congress (HAK) and Heritage Party signed a declaration on forming inter-party electoral headquarters.
Today, the parties will convene their second plenary session to discuss issues related to the structure of the public headquarters and its main directions of activity.A1+ is webcasting the discussion live.
- 1806 Birth of educator and literary figure Ruben Papazyan in Constantinople. He died in 1857 in Smyrna.
- 1865 Birth of poet, translator Alexander Tsatooryan.
- 1879 The Azgaser Union is created in Constantinople.
- 1915 Start of the 11-day defense of the Armenian town of Taron (Western Armenia).
- 1919 Having been found guilty of serious crimes in the Genocide of the Armenians of Yozghat, Kemal Bay was hung in Constantinople's Sultan Bayazet square. He was the deputy governor of Yozgat.
- 2001 Armenian Genocide Heirs Settle New York Life Insurance Company Class-Action Lawsuit concerning policy holders who were victims of the 1915 Armenian Genocide.